Provence is served by three international airports and three TGV stations with trains from Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, Charles-de-Gaulle Airport, London, Brussels, Antwerp and Amsterdam plus connections by sea.
Come by Air
Provence is served by three major international airports
- List of national and international flights
- From Marseille airport, shuttle buses serve Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Salon-de-Provence, Arles, Toulon, Saint-Tropez and more
- List of all cities served
- Taxis are available upon arrival of each flight
- Information: www.marseille-airport.com /+33 (0)4 42 14 14 14
Coming by train
Avignon TGV Station
2 ½ hours from Paris Gare de Lyon
Regular shuttles to the city centre in 10 minutes.
Avignon Centre Station
This second train station has regional trains and Eurostar direct from London St. Pancras in summer (every Saturday from July to September.)
Aix-en-Provence TGV Station
2 hours 50 minutes from Paris Gare de Lyon
Regular shuttles (departure every 15 minutes) to the city centre and the bus station.
Marseille Saint-Charles Station
3 hours from Paris Gare de Lyon
This train station has direct trains from Brussels every day. From Marseilles Saint-Charles, the TER network has more than 100 destinations.
- The TGV also connects to Marne-la-Vallée and Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport several times a day. Thalys from Brussels, Antwerp and Amsterdam connect to Avignon, Aix-en-Provence and Marseille every Saturday from 27 June to 29 August.
- Information and booking: www.thalys.com
- France – Spain TGVs also link Barcelona to Marseille in 4 hours, 30 minutes.
- Information and booking on the French railway network: en.oui.sncf
- You can hire a car upon arrival at the train station.
Coming by car
- Motorway Information: +33 (0)836 68 10 77
- Regional Centre for Road Information: +33 (0)4 91 78 78 78
- In France, safety belts are mandatory for front and rear seats. Children under 10 years of age have to be seated in children’s seats.
- Speed Limits:
- 50 km/h in town
- 130 km/h on motorway
- 110 km/h on dual carriageway/highway
- 80 km/h on other roads